Your PPC ads will appear when someone searches the internet using the keywords you’ve focused on in the ads. They pop up to the right of the natural search results in the SERPs. When you advertise with Google Ads, your ads can appear in different places across the web depending on how you target your ads, to whom you choose to show them, and the types of ads you create.
On Google Search and other search sites
Your ad can appear on Google when people look for the product or service you offer. When you create your paid media ad, you’ll choose a set of keywords—the words or phrases that will trigger your ad to show. When the keywords you chose are searched, your text ads can appear alongside or above search results.
- Google search sites: Ads can appear either above or below search results on when using the Google search engine. If using Google Play, Google Maps, or Google Play they could also appear beside, above, or below search results.
- Google search partners: Ads could appear with search results on websites of Google search partners as well as non-Google websites.
On websites that your customers visit
One option with Google ads is to choose to display your ads to people as they browse the web. Text, image, and video ads can appear on the Google Display Network. The Display Network is a are all of the websites in the Google Suite that show ads including Gmail, Google Finance, and YouTube. This network also includes mobile sites and apps.
These ads can appear on websites based on particular targeting methods that are chosen. When using the Display Network, there are several ways to target an ad:
- Choose keywords and topics related to your offering
- Choose specific websites or pages
- Choose specific audiences based on interests, demographics, or if they have visited your website before
On different devices
Your ad can be displayed to people as they are searching or visiting websites through many different devices:
- Text ads can appear on mobile devices and tablets when people are searching on Google.
- Text, image and video ads can appear on Google Display Network websites when people are using certain mobile devices, or tablets.
- Ads can also be displayed on mobile apps
In selected locations or languages
When using text ads, you are able to show them to customers based on their geographic location, or even to customers who use names of locations in their searches.
Targeting campaigns using language they speak is a better way to reach your potential customers. If your target audience speaks multiple languages you can separate campaigns and ads into keywords for each language.